Monday, September 30, 2013

No Voice Mail Needed

Submitted by Susanna Ohara - Creative Activities Co-coordinator

While driving home from another fun filled day of food shopping, the bank, the pet store, the park, and a healthy Chick-fil-A lunch at the mall, my soon to be 3 year old daughter asked to play with my phone.  I passed it back to her and listened while she activated the voice commands.  (How they figure this stuff out at 2 years old amazes me!) My phone says,"Please say the name of the person you would like to call."  My daughter says,"Call Jesus... Mommy, I am trying to call Jesus but He is not answering."  Of course, I think this is so sweet.  But it reminds me of all the times in my life that I have called out to Jesus and felt like I didn't get an answer.  I know it was not because He wasn't listening but because I wasn't listening or just didn't like the answer. Sometimes, I can get so confident that I know the best answers to life's struggles and I am the best person to be in control of my own life.  But I am not.  I can not heal or comfort my broken heart. Have the grace to forgive the unforgivable. Find the rest I need and calm the chaos that surrounds me.  Give myself the strength to get up each day and be a loving example of His love to my daughter, husband, family, friends, and neighbors.


But I am thankful for the truth I hold in my heart.  That He hears, He is in control, His strength is enough, His grace fills in all my cracks, and He will answer every time I call.

No comments:

Post a Comment