Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Any Morning Pancakes

I never was a breakfast person, until I had kids.  I swear my daughter wakes up saying "EAT!!"... so I can no longer put breakfast off until 9:30 until I've had my cup of coffee and my stomach has woken up.  I'm still not a cereal and milk kind of gal so my weekday go-to is usually pancakes.  On a special occasion, or just if I'm bored, I'll add in fun things like chocolate chips, bananas, blueberries, or pumpkin.  Most of the time, though, the kids just want plain ol' "can-cakes!" 

Quick Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves 4
1 c flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar

1 c milk
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix milk and vinegar and set aside while you mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Beat the egg and vanilla in with the milk and add into the dry ingredients.  Mix just until dry ingredients are wet - do not over mix.  Let sit for 3-5 minutes while your skillet heats up or until the mixture looks thick yet bubbly.  Spoon or pour onto a lightly greased skillet and cook until sides of pancake look set and a little dry.  Flip and cook for another minute then serve to very grateful (hopefully) family!

No comments:

Post a Comment